Saturday, October 30, 2010

I Got My Hair Did

I got my hair professionally braided by an African.  That was an interesting experience.  First the stylists all showed up at about 10:00 am.  My appointment was scheduled for 9:00 am.  Apparently they had all been in the shop really late last night.  There were four stylists, and they spoke what sounded to me like French.  The problem was that they all were having conversations on their phones or with each other in french, the television was on, and it felt like she was pulling my brains out with each braid.  Needless to say, my head was killing me long before it was time for me to leave.  At one point it was so bad that I got light-headed, and thought I was going to pass out.  But I battled on, and came out of there with my hair fixed.


I left there and went directly to my great-grandmother's 95th birthday celebration.  Unfortunately, by the time I made it to the party my headache was so much worse, and I didn't get any pictures.  Grandma is hilarious, and proudly announced (after asking how old she is, just to be sure) that she was 95 years old, but would be telling people who asked that she is 96.  She said once you get as old as she is, you can add on years if you want.  I love her.

No comments: