Monday, June 14, 2010

15 Weeks



We had a doctor's appointment today.  According to the doctor, all looks well.  The baby is growing right on schedule, and the heartbeat is strong.  And we have our big ultrasound (and hopefully) find out whether we're having a boy or girl in three weeks.

Speaking of finding out, this past week, I dreamed that I went in for the anatomy scan. When it came to the part where the ultrasound tech tells you the baby's sex, she said, "You're having a BOY!"  And BOY! kept flashing across the ultrasound screen.  We'll see what happens.
  • How far along?: fifteen weeks
  • What's baby up to?: Continuing the march towards normal proportions, baby's legs now outmeasure the arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably still can't feel the movements.
  • Weight Gain: I have gained two pounds total.
  • Symptoms: tender boobs; irritability; crazy dreams 
  • How big is baby?: about the size of a navel orange (about 4 inches)
  • Sex: we find out on July 7
  • Maternity clothes?: just the maternity pants, and I still like my belly bands; I'm going shopping soon.
  • Stretch marks?: nope
  • Sleep?: pretty good; still gotta go potty at least once a night
  • Best moment this week?: working my last day of work for this school year
  • Movement?: nope
  • Food cravings?: none
  • Labor signs?: n/a
  • Belly button in or out?: in, but it is starting to flatten and is sensitive
  • What I miss: sleeping through the night
  • What I'm looking forward to: my next doctor's appointment 
  • Milestone: reaching the 2nd trimester

No comments: