Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Finding Out

On Monday, March 22, I went to the doctor for my annual exam. No big deal. Everything was routine, except he told me I was 2 days overdue for my cycle. I didn't think anything of it, because my cycle is longer than the 28 day cycle doctors like to think everyone is on. No big deal.

Fast forward to March 25... I went to work expecting this month to be like every other month since I hit puberty. After work, I realized that that day wasn't the day, but it should have been. Mikey and I headed to the store to buy something for dinner, and I decided just for kicks to buy a test. Came home, cooked and ate dinner, hung out watching tv for a bit. I was building my courage. Finally built the courage, and head off to test. I had a Clear Blue Easy digital test that literally give you a “Pregnant” or “Not Pregnant” digital reading. After testing, I headed back to the couch and continued watching tv. When sufficient time had passed, I sent Mikey to view the results. He went to look. And came back with "Congratulations, Momma!" I didn't believe him at first, and was upset that he would tease me like that. So I headed off to look for my self, and he wasn't teasing. That's when a few tears were shed and lots of laughter and smiling happened.

No comments: