Monday, September 4, 2017

Her Royal Fiveness!




My sweet little miss turns five years old today. Recently, I looked back through the blog, and reread her birth story and watched a few videos from when she was a baby. I had forgotten so many of the details. I had forgotten how afraid I was after her birth, when she refused to breathe.  I had forgotten how worried I was when we brought her home from the hospital with extra gadgets to monitor her. I had forgotten the sheer exhaustion from interrupted sleep and working full time.  I had forgotten the sadness that came from leaving her every day to commute an hour and a half to work when she was so tiny.

But I remembered the overwhelming joy that she brought to our lives. I remembered the uncontrollable laughter that she causes. I remembered the sass that lives in her.  Corrin is not afraid to live out loud.  She's not afraid to stand in her truth, and let the world know she is here. Wanna know a (not so secret) secret?  I envy her that. I envy her the freedom to know what she wants and go for it without thought of what anyone else thinks. And the mama bear in me is willing to go to the mat to protect that. 

Don't get me wrong, she can be shy and hesitant at times. Surprisingly enough mostly with her peers. I'm afraid that she recognizes that sometimes those who could be friends can sometimes hurt us.  But that doesn't stop her from being Corrin. So what's Corrin up to nowadays?


I have seen your soul and it is beautiful. 



Corrin...

· is so much fun to be around. And because she attends school in the district I work for, we are almost always together. 
· is still our silly girl, who laughs at the drop of a dime. 
· is our little chatterbox. Honestly, she never stops talking. She even talks in her sleep. 
· still has a mind of her own when it comes to what she's going to wear. That's a battle we just don't feel like fighting. Sometimes she's all about comfort. Sometimes she's a princess and only a dress will do.  As long as whatever she chooses is weather appropriate and acceptable for whatever event we're attending, we let her express herself. 
· is currently baby obsessed. Honestly, she's been baby obsessed for the past two years, but just recently it's gotten to be overwhelming.  She constantly listens to my belly (by placing her ear over my stomach) so she can hear the baby that she is convinced is in there. (There is no baby in my belly!) She constantly talks about having a little baby. She's actively praying for a baby. 

Birthday Partying!

We hosted a birthday party at a local fun place called Stars & Strikes. The kids bowled, played laser tag and bumper cars, ate pizza, and roamed around the arcade.  They had a blast!  There was lots for them to do, and there were lots of friends and family members there to celebrate our little princess.  She opted for a Barbie themed cake. (There's a story behind said cake.) All in all, we had a blast, and the birthday girl hasn't stopped talking about her party yet!




Now the cake on the other hand.  This cake was so delicious.  We tried a new bakery based on reviews alone.  I'm so happy we went with the reviews. This cake was awesome!  It was delicious and moist, and beautiful. I really didn't want to cut it because it was so beautiful.  Corrin and I had originally discussed her cake, and she wanted a unicorn cake, with rainbow layers. We had searched Pinterest for inspiration pictures. We talked about this birthday cake up until we were parked in the parking lot, and preparing to enter the bakery to place the order.



The baker came out, I explained what we wanted (a birthday cake and some cupcakes), and then she asked Corrin what kind of cake she wanted.  My daughter then proceeds to change the whole game up. The unicorn cake that we had researched and talked about became a Barbie cake with bling. I was left stunned and confused, but we went ahead with the cake that Little Miss wanted, and it was beautiful, and delicious, and everything that she wanted it to be.

Silly big brother








No comments: