Monday, July 19, 2010

20 Weeks: Half-Baked!

**I have a bump.  I promise.  I just can't ever seem to remember to take a picture of it.  I'll try to remember tomorrow.**

  • How far along?: twenty weeks; half way done with the growing process
  • What's baby up to?: Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!
  • Weight Gain: I have gained two pounds total; as of my last appointment
  • Symptoms: crazy dreams; headaches
  • How big is baby?: about the size of a cantaloupe (about 6.5 inches)
  • Sex: boy!
  • Maternity clothes?: yes
  • Stretch marks?: nope
  • Sleep?: pretty good; gotta go potty at least twice a night now-a-days
  • Best moment this week?: purchasing the baby’s crib
  • Movement?: yes, this morning at around 3am, I felt him moving; then at about 7am, I felt what I think was him stretching his legs;  later in the morning at about 11am, I think he had the hiccups.  I think I'm getting more movement.
  • Food cravings?: none
  • Labor signs?: n/a
  • Belly button in or out?: out; it pokes out enough that you can see it through my shirt, if I’m wearing something that fits closely
  • What I miss: not having to wake up multiple times a night to go potty
  • What I'm looking forward to: feeling consistent movement
  • Milestone: making it to the half-way mark

No comments: