Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Room for More

DISCLAIMER:  I am not now, nor do I plan to be any time in the near future, pregnant again. Now on to the post.

Thoughts of growing our family have been weighing heavily on my mind lately.  First let me say: Mikey and I have no plans, at all, whatsoever, of growing our family anytime soon.  It's just been resting on my mind.  Before we got married, we talked about our plans for a family, like most couples, I'm sure.  We both agreed that we wanted more than one child.  We decided that we wanted four children maximum, but we would figure it out when we reached that point.  We also talked about adopting children.  I have known since I was a child that I wanted to adopt at least one child.  My family always had more than enough love to go around, and there were always children being "adopted" into the family.  I have aunts, uncles, cousins, and other family members who are related to me biologically and those who have been chosen to be a part of the family.  That's just the way it's always been.

My career also leads me to want to adopt, or at  least foster children.  I don't talk about my job on my blog because of confidentiality.  However, working with children everyday, you learn that some children don't get the American dream.  Some live nightmares everyday.  If by adopting a child, I can make a difference in one child's life, then I think my life will be that much richer.  I don't know how many biological children my body will allow me to carry, but I know my heart will always have room for more.

No comments: