Monday, August 2, 2010

22 Weeks

Added August 5, 2010 @ 22 weeks, 3 days

How far along?: twenty-two weeks
What's baby up to?: Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
Weight Gain: I have gained two pounds total; as of my last appointment; I feel like I have gained more than that since the last appointment because I now have a noticeable bump and the girls have grown
Symptoms: baby bump; clumsiness; swollen ankles
How big is baby?: about the size of a papaya (about 10.5 to 11.8 inches)
Sex: boy!
Maternity clothes?: yes
Stretch marks?: nope, and I’m working to avoid them, even though I know there is no way to avoid them if I am meant to have them
Sleep?: not so good anymore; I am having trouble getting comfortable, and still gotta go potty at least twice a night now-a-days
Best moment this week?: receiving the baby’s crib bedding in the mail
Movement?: yes, though recently instead of kicking to try to make me move my hand, he has been moving to avoid my hand. smart baby.
Food cravings?: none
Labor signs?: n/a
Belly button in or out?: out; it pokes out enough that you can see it through my shirt, if I’m wearing something that fits closely
What I miss: wearing high heels
What I'm looking forward to: setting up the crib


No comments: