Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nine Month Well Baby Visit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Micah before we left for his appointment.

Micah had his nine month old well baby visit yesterday with his new pediatrician.  I will admit that I was worried.  We loved our pediatrician in South Carolina.  He was great with Micah, and he made me feel like my concerns were important to him.  He took the time to answer all my questions (even the silly ones), and he never rushed me (even with a waiting room that was always full of other patients).  We drove almost an hour to get to his office.  That's how great he was.  When we moved to Atlanta, I wasn't sure that any other doctor could live up to my expectations.  She totally did.

The nurses were kind.  The nurse that checked us in picked Micah up from the examination table, and he refused to come to me when I reached for him.  He even laid his head on her shoulder.  The doctor checked him out thoroughly, answered all my questions, gave me recommendations, and loved on my baby.  She talked to him.  She was gentle, and kind, and everything that I could hope for in a new doctor.  I know that I am lucky to have found two great pediatricians.  She also gave us a referral to an eye doctor.  Micah has what appears to be a clogged tear duct.  According to information that I have found, it is a condition that typically fixes itself between seven and eight months of age.  Micah continues to have trouble with it, so we are scheduling an appointment with a pediatric eye doctor to see how serious his case is, and what needs to be done to correct it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Eye goop that is a result of the clogged tear duct. Sorry for the blurry picture.

After receiving a vaccination, we packed up and checked out.  Micah did not appreciate the surprise from the needle stick, but he got over it very quickly.  Over all the doctor's visit was a success.

No comments: