Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Slack Blogger! Playing Catch Up

That's me. I have been very slack in keeping up with this blog.  I don't really know why.  I did spend about a week in Florida, but that's really no excuse for missing the past three weeks worth of blogging.  I really am going to have to do better.  So here's an update on what I haven't been blogging.

July 19 - 24, I was in Florida.  It was a lot of church, and spending time outside catching up with friends, family, and church members.  Micah had a blast.  He ate ice pops.  He went from arm to arm.  He really has never met a stranger.  We had a really great time.



Micah and his buddy, Jelly Bean.

When we got back, we really didn't do anything.  We have basically hung out around the house.  Mikey and I are preparing for our house warming.  Some changes have been made.  I'll post updated house pictures after the house warming, but here are a few sneak peeks.
Micah's Room.  It has changed since this picture.
Guest Bath
Master Toilet Stall.  It was holding an odor that we couldn't get rid of.  Painting was the only option left.
Portrait Gallery.
This week, Micah has been trying to give me a heart attack.  Monday morning, Micah and I were preparing for our day.  He was happily crawling around in my bedroom while I dressed and straightened up.  I walked out of my room and into his room (which is directly beside mine) to choose his outfit for the day, and he followed me.  When I looked back, he was stretched out in the middle of the floor of his room playing with his toys.  I left him there, and went back into my room to iron his clothes.  All the time, I was listening for him to start crawling again.  He is quite heavy-handed, and I usually hear him moving around.  When I finished ironing his clothes, and still hadn't heard him, I went to investigate.  I found him down the hall, entering the landing that leads down the flight of stairs!!  My heart dropped, and I called for him to come back.  Micah of course, rolls over onto his side, looks back at me and grins, and turns back to continue down the hall. Needless to say, Mikey and I are going to invest in baby gates ASAP!

Tuesday morning, Micah fell out of my bed.  GASP! I know better than to leave him along in the bed.  I know that I know better.  Just this past weekend, I warned Mikey that we have to start letting him nap in his crib (with the gate up) or on the floor.   I did not follow my own advice.  I felt horrible.  I just knew Mikey would let him fall first.  I was wrong.  He was not hurt.  He actually fell into a pile of pillows.  He was more angry that he couldn't get himself out of the pillows, and a little afraid from the sudden change in altitude, than hurt from the fall.  He is completely over it, while I still feel slightly bruised on the inside, like I failed him in some way.  I'm working on it.

In other heart attack inducing news, Micah started cruising along the furniture.  He has been pulling up for a little while now.  I was not expecting him to be walking along the furniture so soon, and I'm afraid that I may have an early walker on my hands.  If that is the case, (and even if it isn't), I am requesting your prayers now for my sanity.  Those baby gates are going to come in handy.  I just know it.

Look Mom! One hand!
Today?  Well, today Mr. Micah decided to test out the fireplace.  We need to do some serious babyproofing.  This little boy is loads of fun.  Hopefully, I can avoid that heart attack, but I'm thinking it's going to get much worse before it gets any better.
Laughing at me for thinking that calling his name would convince him to leave the fireplace alone.
What?  I'm not hurting anything.
Trying to avoid crawling on the hard surface. Plus another reason I think he's going to walk early.
I also celebrated my birthday in there too!

No comments: