Friday, August 26, 2011

Stair Climber

Usually, I can run upstairs and grab stuff, and come right back with no problem.  On occasion, Micah will fuss because I am out of his sight, but not often. Well yesterday everything changed! Someone's father has taught him to climb the stairs.  I went upstairs to grab a couple things.  I really can't remember what I went to get. I came back downstairs to find him on the fourth step, and headed up.  I am proud of myself, because I didn't freak out and startle him.  I immediately dropped the cup that I had in my hand, and went to offer him support (that should be read that I went to catch him).  I let him keep climbing, and he actually made it all the way to the top.

Later, after I had calmed down, I called Mikey and ranted at him for a few minutes.  Then I decided to take pictures. So I grabbed my camera, took Micah back to the stairs, and snapped a couple pictures.  I probably reinforced that it's okay for him to play on the stairs, but I couldn't resist.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know that I said (back at the beginning of August) that Mikey and I would be purchasing baby gates ASAP, but things happened, and we got side-tracked.  We were actually looking for baby gates that could be installed at the top of the steps without drilling into the bannisters. Well that doesn't matter right now.  At least not as much as keeping Micah safe.  We might just have to patch the holes later, and paint everything white.

No comments: