Saturday, September 25, 2010

Random Ramblings

I’ve been getting lots of comments about the baby bump of lately. Within the past week, no less than five different people have either told me that I look like I’m having twins or that there’s no way that I would carry this pregnancy through until December. Then there’s the other end of the spectrum. There are some people who tell me that I don’t look anywhere near as far along as I am. It’s a good thing that I know that the doctor has told me that I am measuring right on target, because it’s becoming more and more apparent that people in general have no idea what a pregnant woman is supposed to look like.


***

Something else that I have come to realize, is that Mikey and I are truly blessed to be having the experience we are having with this pregnancy. I know of three other women who were expecting around the same time that we are. Two of those women have experienced late miscarriages, and the other is in the hospital with complications and expecting to be there throughout the remainder of her pregnancy. It puts my few aches and pains into a completely different perspective.

***

My baby shower is fast approaching, and I am really looking forward to spending time with my family and friends to celebrate the birth of our little one. Right now I know the time and location, and that the theme is Oh, Boy! I am really looking forward to seeing what my friends have planned. Pictures will be coming.

***

Speaking of showers, I really need to double check my registries, and update them.

***

Also fast approaching is the holiday season. That means that Mikey and I have to go shopping to prepare, since this year we’ll be “confined” for most of the holidays.

***

And while I’m shopping, I have to find something to wear to take maternity pictures (those will be posted also), and something to wear to the baby shower. I love shopping.

***

And finally, today a large package is being sent to my sister in Afghanistan. She’s getting all sorts of goodies. I really miss her, and wish that she could be here for the baby shower. I feel like she’s supposed to be at the big events in my life, just like I plan to be at the big events in her life. It makes me sad that she won’t be here for the shower, or when the baby is born.

And I’m done… for now.

No comments: