Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yet Another Doctor Visit

Today I went to the doctor again.  All is well.  My doctor even commended me on how well this pregnancy is going and asked that I keep up the good work.  I passed the gestational diabetes test with flying colors.  My hemoglobin levels and blood pressure look good.  No infections or complications.  Micah is still lodged in there really well.  I know because the doctor checked after I told him about the braxton-hicks contractions.  I also got the Rhogam shot, because I have negative blood type.

The bad part about this doctor's visit.  My total appointment lasted SIX hours.  First my doctor was doing his rounds at the hospital when I got there, and didn't get in the office until thirty minutes after my appointment time.  So he had to play catch up.  Then I had to go to the hospital to have blood work done, and the Rhogam shot administered.  I had to register, and have the blood drawn. Then I had to wait two hours for the lab to prepare the shot.  I ended up going to lunch.  Then, I get back to the lab, and waited an hour for the nurse to administer the shot, which took less than five minutes.  In reality, the nurses took my paperwork, then forgot that I was waiting.    Needless to say, I was not happy at the end of the day.

But all is well, and I really can't complain.  Oh yeah, and I gained four pounds, for a total weight gain of a whopping eleven pounds!

No comments: