Sunday, April 8, 2012

16 Weeks


At 16 weeks gestation...

... I am feeling lots of baby movement.  He or she is in there rolling, flipping, and kicking all the time.  I still feel most movement when I'm sitting or laying still.  Also when something rests against belly, I get kicked in that spot.  Micah has been kicked for resting against my belly too.  Even the seat belt has been kicked.

... I had a doctor's appointment last week.  Everything looked great.  I scheduled my anatomy scan for the end of the month.  We should find out whether Baby Giles # 2 is a boy or a girl on the 26th.  Hopefully the baby cooperates.  I also got a reminder that I would have to take the rhogam shot again at about 28 weeks.

... we're hoping for a healthy baby first and foremost.  I must throw that disclaimer out first.  Now on to the question of what do we want; a boy or a girl? Truthfully, it doesn't matter to me.  A part of me wants Micah to have a brotherly relationship.  A part of me wants a girl.  Mikey and most of our family are convinced that this is a girl.  Time will tell.  We'll either find out at the end of the month or September when the baby comes.

... I found that eating sweets causes me to feel bad.  I had a similar reaction to sweets when I was pregnant with Micah.  Anything that can be considered sweet (juice, candy, cake, etc.) causes my blood sugar level to spike and then drop really quickly.  This leaves me feeling really bad, sometimes nauseous.  I've learned to monitor what I eat, and significantly change the amount of sweets that I eat.

... I haven't been feeling as rested after I sleep.  I fall asleep just fine, and usually sleep like a log.  I only wake up to use the bathroom once a night or if Micah cries during the night.  I am going to try going to bed earlier.  Hopefully, that way I'll feel better rested when I wake in the mornings.

... I'm starting to think about names.  We are going to wait until we know it's a boy or girl before we discuss names, but I like to be prepared.  It will probably be a while before we choose a name though.

... don't have any cravings and aversions anymore.  Lately, I've been really indecisive about what I want to eat.  It makes deciding what to eat for lunch very difficult.

... I have developed an outie belly button again.  It caught me completely by surprise.

... measured my baby bump at 30.5 inches, and weigh in at 117.6 pounds.

No comments: