Sunday, April 22, 2012

18 Week Pregnancy Vlog


At 18 weeks gestation...

... my first trimester symptoms are basically gone.  No more nauseous, aversions, etc.  Now, I am getting tired from walking long distances.  I have some shortness of breath, usually from walking long distances.  I want to sleep more often, and for longer periods of time.  I've had some braxton hicks contractions, but those were as a result of a near accident, and have mostly gone away.  I've had some crazy dreams in the past week, but thankfully the headaches have pretty much gone away.

... Mikey and I were nearly in an accident.  The seat belt pulled across the bottom of my stomach.  Even though I try to wear it as low as I can, across my hips, it rides up. Two different idiot drivers swerved into our lane.  Mikey, who was driving at the time, slammed on the brakes to avoid being hit on my side of the car.  We weren't hit, thank goodness.  After it was all said and done, the bottom of my stomach was sore for about a half an hour, and then it went away.  I didn't think much more of it, until the next morning when I woke up to a braxton hicks contraction.  I didn't start having braxton hicks with Micah until about 26 weeks.  At about 30 weeks, I started being monitored regularly because they were causing changes to my cervix.  When I woke up to that feeling, I was a little worried, but I started drinking water knowing that sometimes dehydration can cause contractions.  As the morning progressed, the braxton hicks contractions came more and more frequently, so I called my doctor's office.  The nurse told me to come in to be checked out.  The doctor checked me, and all was well.  There were no changes.  Everything looked to be closed up tight, and the doctor wasn't worried.  I went home to rest, and haven't felt bad since. I'm hoping to avoid being monitored so often with this pregnancy. 

... went big with my hair.  In case you couldn't tell in the video, I chopped it all off.  After taking the twists out, I realized that my hair wasn't getting any better, and decided to go for broke.  I'm going to start over, and go natural.  Hopefully, I get the kind of results I want.  So far, I'm loving it.

... have bought some more clothes.  Mostly loose fitting tops, and  few dresses.  Nothing else maternity.  I doubt I'll but anything else maternity.  Maternity clothes are too expensive for something that I'm going to wear for a very short amount of time in the grand scheme of things.  Especially because I'm so small naturally.  Buying a larger size in regular clothes works throughout most if not all of my pregnancy. 

...  I'm getting more and more excited to find out if this little one is a boy or girl (hopefully Thursday).  Hopefully the nugget cooperates.  Of course, I really just want a healthy baby, and don't care if I have a boy or girl.  But I'm really interested to know either way.

... weighed in at 118.4, and belly measured at 32 inches around.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: