Friday, September 30, 2011

The Post That Almost Wasn't

I wasn't going to blog today.  I didn't have anything planned, and really had nothing to say.  Micah and I have had a pretty relaxed day so far.  He is taking a super awesome nap right now.  As a matter of fact, as I type this, it's roughly 4:15 pm and he went down for his nap at around 1:00 pm.  Like I said awesome nap.  Anyway, I was laying across my bed watching television and reading (while I could do those things uninterrupted), when I decided to grab a snack.  So I headed  downstairs.  Out of the corner of my eye I caught movement through the kitchen window. Wait a minute. Is someone in my backyard?  I turned to look out the kitchen window, and I did a double take.  "That could not possibly be what I think it is."  But it was!  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wild turkey!?! In my backyard!?!  In Atlanta?!?  Yes sir. I took absolutely too many pictures that I won't bore you with, but I was a little shocked.  I would expect to see something like this at my mom's house, but not at my own.  It makes me think of Thanksgiving.  There's my randomness for the day. 

Update: Here's Farmer Micah.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
He woke up at 4:30 pm.

No comments: