Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pre-Op Preparations

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Expensive Drops

Micah and I have been fighting.  It's more like Micah has been fighting me.  You see, he has had to have antibiotic drops four times a day in both eyes.  Micah does not like you to touch his eyes or his nose.  Holding him down to put two drops in both eyes four times a day is no walk in the park.  My boy is strong.  And don't even get me started on the drops.  This little bottle was $85.  It is tiny.  I am highly disappointed that it cost so much money for so little liquid.  I'm actually worried that there won't be enough to last through two drops in both eyes, four times a day, for three days.  It had better last.  That's all I know.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Here is the drops beside my Droid X.  It's tiny!

We finally got a phone call from the surgery center with our estimated time of surgery.  Micah should be in surgery at 8:00 am.  I am not looking forward to Thursday night or Friday morning.  On Thursday night, Micah can't have any solids or milk after midnight.  He can have water, Pedialyte, or apple juice.  He doesn't usually eat after midnight, but I'm almost certain that he is going to want a bottle of formula at some point before 4:00 am.  He can't have anything at all after 4:00 am. That's going to be another fight.  He usually has a bottle when he wakes up, and I know it's going to be hard to deny him food when I know he'll be hungry, and that he will not understand why I won't give him something to eat. I am so ready for this whole process to be over and done with, so that we can get back to our regularly scheduled program.  Pray for us.

No comments: