Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Happenings

This weekend was full.  It consists of traveling, visiting, a wedding, church, more visiting, and more travel.   Micah and I left Mikey behind, and hitched a ride with Uncle Monkey to South Carolina were the visiting commenced.  Our first stop was my mom's job, were she showed off her grandbaby.  Micah, of course was his typical self, and enjoyed the attention as long as there was no touching of his person without his permission.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Visiting MiMi at work.


We left there, and stopped by to visit my grandma at her job, before heading to by old job.  Micah showed off on me.  We got in a room full of women and he wouldn't come to me.  As a matter of fact, he dived out of my arms into the arms of one of the ladies I used to work with.  Luckily she's a mom, so she caught him.  Another one of the ladies ended up walking him out to the car.  He really was not interested in me at all.  Friday night we spent at my grandparent's house.  Micah was a little worried about my granddad.  He wouldn't go near him at first, but warmed right up to him when he sat down with a plate of food.  I'm not sure if it's facial hair, gray hair, or a combination of the two that he doesn't like.  That's the second time he's had that reaction to someone.  Saturday morning, we got up and headed to my cousin's wedding, which was beautiful.  I enjoyed hanging out with family members that I don't get to see very often.  My family is hilarious.


Sunday morning we enjoyed church services, before we visited some more.  We stopped by my other grandparent's house for a while, before stopping by my father-in-law.  Then we hit the road to my brother's in-laws, before we continued on home to Atlanta. Uncle Monkey spent the night, and left early Monday morning.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Church


Speaking of which, my son loves his Uncle Monkey.  Micah fell in love with him all over again, and didn't want to be away from him anymore than he had to be.  He followed him from room to room, and would sit at the door and wait for him if he went into a room and closed the door.  I wish I had taken pictures of the two of them.  It was so cute.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Photo taken by Uncle Monkey.


Monday morning found us heading to Micah's pediatrician for his pre-operation visit.  He's healthy, and okayed for surgery on Friday.  We start his antibiotic drops to be sure he's free of infection tomorrow.  The fight is about to begin.  Micah does not like you playing with his face.  I'm already not looking forward to this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wating for the doctor.

No comments: