Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Weekend Recap

I apologize in advance.  I did not take one, single picture over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.  I am a blogger slacker.  Continue if you would like to read about our weekend.

Our Thanksgiving weekend started Wednesday after I got off work.  When I got home, we loaded up the car, and hit the road, bound for South Carolina.  The trip was pretty uneventful.  Thanksgiving was wonderful.  We slept in.  Mimi cooked breakfast.  We ate, then we started getting ready for our day.  Auntie Angel cooked some delicious pound cakes.  Mimi made macaroni, and potato salad, and I made peach cobbler.  Then we headed over to my grandparent's house. We ate absolutely too much food, but it was so delicious that we all wanted more. After hanging out over there for a while, we headed to my other grandparent's house.  We laughed and talked with them for a while, before we headed back to Mimi's house to get dressed for church.  At least, the kids and I did.  Mikey went Black Friday shopping.  (On Thursday.)

Friday,  Corrin and I hung out together.  Mikey and Micah visited Mikey's family.  Corrin and I had a very relaxing day. We took naps, and watched television all day.  Mostly, we took naps.  That evening, we went to church, before meeting up with my best friends for dinner.  It's always fun when we all get together.

Saturday, we put up Mimi's Christmas tree, and hung out together.  Saturday night, we went to church for our annual revival's concert.  We also celebrated South Carolina's win over Clemson.  They had us worried for a while there, but Carolina pulled through for the win.

Sunday, we woke up late, but headed to church anyway.  After church, we ate and packed up the car. Then we made a few stops to see a few people that we missed during the rest of our visit.  Finally we were on our way home.  We made it home absolutely too late, especially since I had to go to work today.   We say it every time we go home, but here goes...  The next time, we are going to leave at a reasonable time, so we can get a good night's sleep.

No comments: