Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

I sat down several times over the last couple days to write a post about how thankful I am for the people and things that I have in my life.  And then tonight, I had a rough night.  I am still thankful, but I want to complain.  But a couple things that I have learned in my life are that no one wants to be around someone who is complaining, and it doesn't change anything to complain.  So for my originally intended post.

I am thankful for my small family.  My husband is such a wonderful man and father.  Of course we have our ups and downs, but the ups are so much higher than the the downs are low.  And Micah is the icing on the cake.  I am thankful for our extended family.  My mother and siblings are such a huge part of my life.  It is beyond me how people go for years without seeing or talking to their parents or siblings.  It hurts my heart that I have to wait until January to see my sister.

I am thankful for my health and the health of my family.  I am just thankful, though this Thanksgiving was not anything like a typical Thanksgiving for me.  First, there is the recent addition of Micah.  He and I stayed home for the day, and dinner was brought to us.  We didn't have very many guests, and the day was actually quite relaxing.

Now on to Christmas.  We will most likely venture out for Christmas.  I am looking forward to sharing the wonder of the Christmas season with Micah as he grows older.

No comments: