Monday, November 22, 2010

Random Ramblings

I have such grand plans of blogging consistently even with a newborn to care for.  I hope I can keep it up, though this first week looks bleak.  Let's just say that I have been adjusting to being a new mom and recovering from a c-section.

I decided to give breastfeeding a try.  Micah took right to it, but given the fact that both his parents love to eat so much, that probably should have been expected.  We have had some trial and error, but we're making it.  I have found that I love the experience so far.  I think he's going through a growth spurt now.  It makes for some extreme nursing sessions.

Micah is so adorable.  He has all these little quirks that are so endearing.  He likes to stretch out his legs randomly.  That hasn't changed from before he was born.  He sucks his fist when he's ready to eat.  He greatly dislikes diaper changes and sponge baths.  His lungs work very well, and he lets you know loudly when he is unhappy with a given situation.  He smiles in his sleep, and I think he snores.  Sometimes he crosses his legs when he sleeps, and often his hand is resting by his head.

Technically, Micah is one week old right now, but I'll wait until he and I have had some sleep to take pictures, and post about it.

No comments: