Monday, November 22, 2010

One Week Old

One week old

Micah is officially one week old.  Last Monday at this time, I was still adjusting to the idea that I was actually a mother.   Today Micah slept a lot, and visited with my boss, who came to visit him.  During his first week, he had his first sponge bath, and his first bottle feeding by daddy.  Micah sleeps very well during the evenings and at night.  He actually sleeps for such long stretches that Mommy has to pump during his sleeps.  He likes sleep much more than food apparently.  Mommy however, is in survival mode when it comes to sleep,  and generally tries to sleep when he sleeps.

Micah likes to eat also.  We decided today that we would nurse during one feeding session, then switch and give him expressed milk from a bottle at the next session. That way he continues to be breastfed, but has experience with the bottle as well.  And that way I can be sure that he is getting enough to eat.  Also it works out since, I'll be returning to work, and he'll be having expressed milk only during the day.  It is becoming less painful for me to nurse.

I also noticed today that my swelling is going down.  I still have huge cankles and fluid in my lower back and hips, but it is better than it was a few days ago.  Now we are just looking forward to Thanksgiving.

No comments: