Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rambling Randomly

I voted. I hate politics, but feel it is my civic duty to vote to express my views.  I am disappointed in the results, but my state has proven time and time again that they are in no way interested in what is in the best interest of the majority.  What makes it even worse is that they have usually made fools of themselves in the national eye.  But I did vote.

***
We bought Micah's travel system.  It's a Chicco Cortina system with a Keyfit infant car seat.

***
I am already planning ahead, and looking for ideas for Micah's 1st year baby book.  There will be lots of pictures taken, particularly since my goal is to take at least one picture of Micah everyday for the first year of his life.  I can't quite figure out the exact look that I want, but I am sure I'll have it figured out soon.
***
I had a dream.  A very weird dream.  I dreamed that I looked down at my belly, and all of a sudden, I could see Micah's hands clearly pressed against the side of my belly.  I looked up surprised.  When I looked back down, suddenly I could see into my belly, and I caught a glimpse of Micah on one side of my belly, though I couldn't see his face.  Then I looked to the other side of my belly, and saw two puppies.  They were really cute!  Needless to say, everyone who I've shared my dream with has laughed at me.  I  woke up laughing at myself.  Micah was particularly active that night, and I guess my subconscious decided that one baby alone could not make that much ruckus.  Why my subconscious chose not one, but two puppies to be his companion, I will never know.
The puppies in my dream looked similar to these.

***
Birth announcements?  I have been debating about whether or not I wanted to send out birth announcement.  I'm not sure how often I have seen announcement sent out in my circle, but I love paper, so something will be going out.  After talking to Mikey, we decided that we will send out Christmas cards with a family picture, and introduce Micah in that way.  Either way, I get to play with paper.  Now to figure out how the Christmas card will look, and take pictures to go on the card.
***
Remember this post?  Well since then I have become very discouraged about breastfeeding.  I don't feel like I have very much support regarding my decision to breastfeed, and figuring out the logistics of how I will be pumping after I go back to work is starting wear on my nerves.  I still plan to try breastfeeding, and I hope to be successful, even if it's so I can prove the naysayers wrong.
***
I went to take pictures yesterday.  The experience was not pleasant.  I didn't actually take any pictures, because when I entered the studio, the worker informed me that she was closing.  I explained that according to the website, closing time was still an hour away.  I then pointed out that the sign on the wall above her head also said the same thing.  She then lied, and said that someone must have posted the holiday hours early.  I just walked away.  I refuse to beg someone to take my money.  Now, hopefully, I will have time to have some pictures taken before Micah makes his grand entrance.
***
Rambling right along, I am so looking forward to Christmas.  This will be my second year as a wife, and my first year as a mother.  Hopefully it will not be as scary and sad as last Christmas.  The only thing that I am sad about is that Angel will be on the other side of the world, and not here with us.
***
Oh, and as hard as I tried, I have the dreaded stretch marks.  They showed up in a most unusual spot: my thighs.  I was so busy worrying about my belly, that it never even crossed my mind that they could show up elsewhere.  Oh well.

No comments: