Thursday, December 2, 2010

Glorious Sleep!

So for the last few nights, Micah has decided that he needed to be awake for hours through the night.  I was so tire that yesterday didn't even register for me, and I've been convinced all day that today is Wednesday.  The first night of interrupted sleep, it was one hour that he spent being a little fussy.  He wasn't crying; just not content.  The next two nights, he was awake for at least two hours.  He was crying and fussy.  The pacifier wasn't helping.  As a matter of fact, I think the pacifier made it worse.  He wasn't hungry.  He didn't have a dirty diaper.  He just wasn't happy.  And I wasn't happy either.  I was sleep deprived, and getting desperate.  One night, my mom came and got him.  I still didn't really sleep during that hour, because my subconscious was worrying about Micah.

So I tried to figure out what was going on with Micah and his sleep habits.  The only thing I could figure out was that for the last few nights, I've been trying to transition Micah to sleeping in his crib.  He usually starts out in his crib for the first hour or two.  Then he is either in his rock and play, or in bed with me.  I know he shouldn't be in bed with me, but if it helps me get sleep, then I'm going for it. There has also been some gas the last few nights.  I know that makes him uncomfortable too.

Last night Micah spent the first couple hours in his crib.  He woke to eat, and moved into bed with Mommy.  He went right back to sleep after eating and burping.  He woke up again a couple hours later, and ate again.  Then he started getting fussy.  So we nursed for a little while, and he went back to sleep.  Of course he woke several more times throughout the night, but he went right back to sleep each time.  And that's how we got a glorious night worth of sleep, with minimal waking through the night.  I am praying that my great sleeper, who does not have his nights and days confused, returns and stays.

No comments: