Wednesday, March 28, 2012

14 Weeks

I'll try to update with the video and pictures tomorrow.  I'm headed to bed.

At 14 weeks gestation...
... my symptoms are pretty much gone.   I've still been really tired.  The nausea is gone except on very rare occasions, when I'm hungry.  I also have to get up every night, at least once to go potty.  I've been dreaming a lot lately too.  Mostly I dream about work.  It's not stressful.  I dream about the process that I do at work.

... I'm craving pickles and McAlister's Deli.  I've also wanted hot dogs, ice cream, and pasta.  But those aren't really cravings.  Once I've eaten them once, I'm over it.  The only aversion I've had is chicken.  Chicken is almost the only thing I could eat when I was pregnant with Micah.  It's kind of funny.

... my belly button has almost disappeared.  Before I gave birth to Micah, I had a pretty deep innie.  After having Micah, my belly button never really went back to the way it was before.  It went back to an innie, but it wasn't as deep.  In the last week, it has pretty much flattened out.  Hopefully, after this pregnancy, I won't have a permanent outie.   

... I've been feeling distinct little thumps.  It's usually when I lay down at night or when I am still and resting my arm on my belly.  Big personality already.  At first I was convinced that I was imagining it, but it's happened more than a few times.  I didn't begin to think I was feeling movement with Micah until about 18 weeks.  It's amazing how much sooner I am feeling this baby.

... I really miss sleeping through the night.  I also miss having clothes that fit, and wearing my high heels.  I was looking forward to warm weather so I could wear my platform heels, and now they're too high.

...  I went in for my nuchal translucency scan last week.  I got to see the little one moving around and waving in there.  With Micah, I opted out of the nuchal scan.  Now I wish I had gotten the scan.  Oh well, hind sight is 20/20. 

... weighed in at 114.6 pounds according to my home scale.  My waist is 30 3/4 inches around.  I definitely have a pouch now.  I have to wear maternity pants or dresses now, because my regular bottoms no longer fit.


No comments: