Monday, March 19, 2012

15 Months Appointment

Micah had his 15 month appointment in the middle of February.  He is still a very healthy little boy. We were fortunate to get an appointment at Micah's new pediatrician the Friday before I started my new job.  Micah has got a new pediatrician?  Yes, he does.  Allow me to explain why.

When Micah went in for his 12 month appointment in November, his former pediatrician didn't have any vaccines in stock.  The doctor's office called the day before to inform me so I could choose whether or not to keep the appointment.  The staff explained that they weren't sure when vaccines would be in stock.  I had some concerns, so I opted to take Micah to his appointment anyway.  Unfortunately, they did not explain that I would not be able to take him to another pediatrician for the vaccines without paying out of pocket.  If I had known that, I would have just cancelled the appointment, and found another pediatrician then.  When it was time for Micah's 15 month appointment, I called to find out if they had any vaccines in stock.  Unfortunately, I was in for a rude awakening.  I found out that the doctor's office had been closed since the end of December.  They neglected to notify the patients or their parents.  So we had to find a new pediatrician.

Luckily, there is a pediatrician office really close to our home that had an opening.  It turns out that I love these doctors just as much as I have loved both Micah's other pediatricians {aside from the last one closing shop without letting me know}.  Anyway, Micah played with the toys in the waiting area.  We had a really short wait, before we were called into our exam room.  Micah played while we waited for the doctor to get to us.  It didn't take long before the doctor was in to see us.  Micah checked out fine.  She gave us a prescription for a cream for Micah's eczema.  He weighed 23 pounds and 7 ounces, and was 32 1/4 inches long, which makes him long and lean.


No comments: