Wednesday, June 13, 2012

25 Weeks Update

At 25 weeks {and 3 days} gestation...

... I'm feeling lots of movement and kicking. Baby Girl is always kicking, rolling, and moving around, it seems.  She also likes to curl up in one position just behind my navel for naps.  That's not at all comfortable, but I'll survive.

... my sleep is getting better.  Of course, some nights are better than others, but at least I'm able to get some restful sleep on occasion.  It may just be that my body has reached it's limit, and decided that no matter what, it's going to get some rest.  I don't know, but I appreciate it.

...  my feet swell.  Today, as we were nearly home, I realized that one leg was slightly swollen and the other was not.  I go back to the doctor next week for the dreaded glucose test.  I'll talk to whichever doctor I see then.

Photobucket

...  I seem to have more energy.  I've noticed for a while now, that I have more energy on week days when I have to be up and moving around to go to work, than I do on the weekend, when I have the luxury of lazing around all day.  Well now, I find that I have more energy in general.  It's kind of nice.

...  I'm still taking my {almost} daily walks.  I try to get out daily, but sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate.  And sometimes, I'm just too lazy to put in the effort to walk.  I'm trying to do better, and Mikey is always on hand to remind me.  {The bump pictures were taking after my walk today.}

... I think Baby Girl likes her brother.  Either that or she wants him to be quiet.  She gets really active when he's being really loud.  It's funny to know that she's reacting to him already.  Speaking of the big brother, he's really interested in my belly.  He realizes that it's growing.  Sometimes he will lift my shirt and kiss my belly with no prompting from me.  As a matter of fact, if I try to get him to repeat the kiss, he refuses.  He also like to rub my belly, and will walk up to me and lift my shirt so that he can reach my bare skin.  He, however, refuses to say baby or call her name.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



No comments: