Sunday, June 24, 2012

27 Weeks Update

At 27 weeks gestation...

... we have finally reached the third trimester!  One more milestone down.  Now let the countdown to September begin.

... I looked down this morning, and realized that I can't see my feet.  With Micah, I didn't come to this realization until around 32 weeks.  I don't know if she will be bigger than Micah at birth, but my belly certainly is bigger this pregnancy.

Photobucket

...  all the energy that I thought I had is gone.  At my doctor's appointment, my blood test showed that my iron levels were low.  I am now taking an iron supplement {and stool softener} to help boost my iron levels, and hopefully give me more energy.  This past week I have been feeling very drained.

... my doctor's appointment went well, minus the whole iron deficiency thing.  I passed my glucose test, which is what I was worried about going into the appointment.  I also got the results from my blood test from my previous appointment.  I do not have cholestasis. The best we can figure is that I had an allergic reaction to some unknown substance.  We talked about a few other things, and then the appointment was over.

... sleep is not the best, which sucks because with the low iron levels, I could really use all the rest I can get right now.  I have to get up to use the restroom.  I wake up because my back starts hurting.  Sometimes I just can sleep, and sit up for an hour or two before I can finally fall back asleep.  My alarm clock sounds way too early every morning.  To make matters worse, on the weekends, when I could sleep in, I am awake at 7:30 am at the latest. 

...  I have Braxton Hicks contractions.  It's been ongoing for a few weeks now.  I'm just remembering to mention them on the blog.  I usually get them when I have to use the restroom.  Sometimes they are random.  When I get them, my stomach tightens all over and I have shortness of breath.  I've only had one or two that hurt.  My doctor is not concerned.

... I was sick at work.  Dizziness and vomiting are not things you want to experience in the work environment.

...  I have this reoccurring pain in my neck.  Maybe it's from sleeping uncomfortably.  Maybe it's from tension.  I don't know, but I have figured out that applying heat and taking pain killers gets rid of the ache for a few days.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: