Sunday, June 17, 2012

26 Weeks Update

At 26 weeks gestation...

... I have more energy.  I really thought I was going to go through this entire pregnancy as a run down, tired, haggard looking something.  Just a couple weeks shy of the third trimester, my body decides to allow me some energy.  I am so grateful.  At least I am having this time, because the third trimester is fast approaching, and with it, I'm sure I'll be tired again.

... I have a doctor's appointment this week. I wasn't supposed to be going back for another appointment until 28 weeks.  My doctor decided it would be a better idea to split up that appointment, because I would have had my glucose test, my Rhogam shot, and my first biophysical exam all at the 28 week appointment.  That's a bit much.

...  I'm still having swelling.  It's not horribly bad.  It just makes walking around a little uncomfortable by the end of the day.  

...  the real pain in the neck is the pain in my back.  No matter how I situate myself, my back hurts.  About the only thing that eases the pain is to apply heat to the muscles.  By the end of the day, all I want to do is lay down, and rest my poor aching body.  I think I'm going to have to find a support belt for my back.

...  my sleep is pretty good.  Of course, I have to get up during the night to use the restroom, but other than that, I sleep pretty well.  The only other thing that wakes me up during the night is back aches because my belly is pulling on my back muscles.

... you can see Baby Girl moving around from the outside.  I have no idea what she's doing in there, but she looks like she's practicing to be an acrobat or contortionist.

... I weigh in at 123 pounds, and my belly measures 34.25 inches around.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

25 weeks, 5 days with Micah



No comments: