Monday, June 25, 2012

Introducing...

** Catching Up **

After much debate concerning exactly what we were going to name this little girl, Mikey and I finally came to a decision. Then we immediately fell directly into another debate.  How in the world are we going to spell the chosen name?  The options were Corinne {my choice} and Corrin {Mikey's choice}.  I wanted to go with the more traditional spelling, while Mikey wanted to avoid confusion regarding the pronunciation of her name.  The intended pronunciation is "Co-rin."  We are trying to avoid her being called "Co-reen," and having to correct people.  

I'm almost certain that no matter what, there will be people who will mispronounce her name.  My name is Latasha, and I am called Latisha all the time by people who look at the spelling and attempt to pronounce my name.  I don't understand where they get the "i" sound from, but they manage to find it between reading my name and pronouncing it.  Worse yet, is the people who hear me pronounce my name, then  still call me Latisha.

So the final decision came, when I finally just gave in.  We have been at a stalemate for weeks, and I am just tired of not being able to write/type my baby's name.  I fell in line with the rationalization that because I won the debate concerning the order of her name, Mikey could win the debate concerning the spelling. {I would like to point out however, that as I type this, spell check recognizes my spelling as correct, and Mikey's as a mistake.

Photobucket

Corrin Zarya

Corrin: Maiden
Zarya: Goddess of beauty or Rose

No comments: