Friday, June 15, 2012

Micah @ 19 Months

Micah is growing up so fast.  Some days I look at him and see my sweet little chubby faced baby.  Other days, I see this little boy who is fast taking his place.  It's really bittersweet.  A part of me wants that baby to stick around for a long time more.  A part of me is looking forward to the adventures that little boy is going to take me on with him.  At 19 months old, Micah...

... is talking up a storm.  It seems he learns new words everyday.  His list of words has grown in the past month.  Of course, I haven't kept up with the new words, but he has added some.

...  knows how to roll his eyes.  The first time he did it, my mom and I thought he was sleepy or there was something wrong with his eyes.  Nothing wrong with his eyes, though he was sleepy.  He just knows how to roll his eyes.  He learns all sorts of things at daycare.  This particular skill, we think came from his cousin.  I'm trying to catch him rolling them on video, because it is honestly one of the funniest things you've ever seen.

...  loves music, and will dance at the drop of a hat.  He doesn't even need music.  Sometimes he'll just randomly burst out and start dancing.  He really is a clown.

...  is becoming very independent.  He always liked to feed himself. Now he wants to attempt to do everything himself.  He's trying to dress and undress himself.  He has to brush his own teeth.  He doesn't care for riding in the shopping cart, and would much prefer walking.  He snaps the chest piece for his car seat himself.  Everything must be done himself.  I will admit, he's pretty good at asking for help if he realizes that he can't do something, but he has to try it for himself first.

... still has not started potty training.  We haven't even opened the potty yet.  He probably would do a good job.  He seems pretty interested in the box the potty is in, but his parents are lazy.  Like I said, we haven't even opened the box yet.  We're going to work on it.  Eventually.

...  is getting a big boy room.  We've decided to turn the second guest room into Micah's big boy room.  Nothing has changed in that room yet, but I have lots of ideas floating around in my head. I'll share the ideas soon.  More than likely, he'll stay in his current room until Baby Girl is born, and then we'll start transitioning him into the new room.  She will be sleeping in the nook in our room for the first few months, and we'll use that time to transition.  I don't want to rush him into his big boy room by moving him too early, but I also don't want him to think he's being put out of his room for the new baby either, because we wait until the baby is here to move him.  Parenting is such a balancing act.

Micah is nearing two years old every day.  I hope we're ready for what's in store for us.

No comments: