Sunday, August 19, 2012

35 Weeks Update

At 35 weeks gestation...

... Corrin has passed another biophysical profile with a score of 8 out of 8.  I also just realized today, that we only have three more scheduled doctor's visits before Baby Girl is here.  I'm so excited to meet her.  At this appointment, we also had a growth scan.  According to the growth scan, Corrin weighs roughly five pounds, 2 ounces {give or take a half pound.}  Micah weighed 5 pounds, 14 ounces when he was born at 37 weeks gestation.  I think Corrin is going to be bigger than Micah when she's born.  The appointment took a turn for the worse after that.  I was directed to the wrong area for the remainder of my appointment.  Then I waited for way too long to be called back.  When I finally asked how long my wait would be, the staff realized that I shouldn't be there.  I was under the assumption that the doctor that I was supposed to see had been called away for a delivery and I was being fitted into someone else's schedule.  Instead, the doctor was waiting for me, and I was waiting in the wrong area.  It finally got figured out, and the next time, they had better be waiting on me.

... I also got a prescription for pain medicine for my back pain at my last appointment.  It works, probably too well.  The first time I took it, I slept for hours and didn't even realize I had fallen asleep.  Then it took me about an hour to wake up fully.

... when I left the appointment, of course my first stop was to pick up my prescription at the pharmacy.  There, I had to explain to the lady at the window, that I did indeed have prescription coverage.  Finally that was straightened out, and I was able to go home, eat, and get in the bed.

... I've had a cold since Monday {when I left work early}.  The doctor told me that I was more susceptible because my immune system is compromised by the pregnancy.  She also let me know that it will probably take me longer to get over the cold also, for the same reason.  I think she's right, because I'm still not 100%.

...  my Caesarean section is finally scheduled.  The doctors decided to have us wait until 38 weeks, but I'm okay with that. The reason is to be sure that her lungs have had as much time to develop as possible.  While I'm so very ready for the pain that has come with this pregnancy to end, I would prefer to be in physical pain than to have to deal with the emotional pain of visiting my Baby Girl in the NICU.

... Mikey laid his head on my belly, and he could hear Corrin's heartbeat.  He loved it.

... I still need to begin preparing for Corrin's arrival.  Remember my list here? Well only one of the nine items has been accomplished.  We're doing very badly.  I want to be done, but I can't find the energy.  I have such grand plans in my head though.  Maybe I'll get the energy to put together a mood board.  

... Round. Ligament. Pain.  Enough said.  I literally worry that I am going to fall at any given moment because it feels like the muscles in my legs are suddenly shortening.  Not fun.  It also tends to worry the people around me.  Something about the pregnant lady nearly falling does that I guess.

I weigh 132 pounds, and my waist {if you want to call it that} measures at 37 inches around.  My waist is officially bigger around than my husband's.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: