Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Down Goes Pregzilla


I had a doctor's appointment today.  The appointment was set for 10:15 this morning.  I woke up with plenty of time to spare.  Actually, Mikey forgot that I had a doctor's appointment.  He woke me to go to work.  He thought I had overslept.  Anyway, I got dressed, and headed for my appointment.  I made it there with plenty of time to spare.  I got out of my truck, and headed into the building for my appointment.  I stepped up onto the curb, and then I fell.  That's right!  I fell.  I fell right onto my belly.  And suddenly there were fifty-eleven people there.  I didn't know what to think.  I still am not 100% sure what happened. 

The crowd helped me up into a sitting position.  Then one lady went to get a wheelchair, because I could tell that I had hurt my knee.  She took me up to my doctor's office, and notified the desk that I had fallen coming in for my appointment.  There was no wait this week.  I was immediately taken for the biophysical profile.  Corrin wasn't very cooperative.  As a matter of fact, she was down right obstinate.  I felt myself starting to panic.  Finally, however, she decided that it wasn't worth the hassle, and did what she needed to do.  She passed with a score of 8 out of 8 again.  I was then immediately checked in for my appointment, and went almost directly into a room.  The doctor came in, and checked me over again.  I had bruised my knee and scraped my palms.  Other than that, all was well.  The doctor sent me home with instructions to take it easy and ice my knee.

I really don't know exactly how I fell.  I wasn't rushing.  I know I stepped up onto the curb.  The only thing I can figure is that I took the step, and then Corrin moved, causing the muscle in my leg to pull.  All I know is that I could not catch my balance after I started falling, and down went pregzilla!

Oddly enough, when I got home, and had rested up, Micah managed to push me down too.  I was walking toward the couch, and he decided that I needed some more excitement in my life.  He walked up behind me, and pushed me.  I was close enough to the couch to catch myself.  

Uncle Monkey says that my children have it out for me.  He may be onto something.

No comments: