Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dear Mama {An Open Letter}

Dear Mama,

While I know that I was {still am} your most well behaved child, I want to take the opportunity to issue some apologies and thank yous.  I know these are probably long overdue.  Especially after you got to experience first hand some of what I deal with on a daily basis last week with the little boy.

I apologize...

... for drawing my masterpiece on granddaddy's dining room table with permanent marker.  Cleaning drawings off surfaces that are not supposed to be drawn on is for the birds.

... any back talk or thoughts of back talk that may have occurred.  I think I was too afraid to actually talk back, but I'm sure I thought about what I would say if I was bold enough.  He's not even two years old yet, and already Micah has something to say when reprimanded.  We're working on correcting this behavior.

... for all the messes I made and left for you to clean up.  Or all the times, I helped clean up, and you ended up having to clean up behind me.  

... for that time we sung the Barney song.  Purple wouldn't have looked that bad on you.  Just maybe not a whole dress in purple.  Maybe try just a top.

... for all the times we made others feel you were abusing us because we screamed like we were dying just because we had to go home.  Home wasn't so bad.  It just wasn't as good as grandma's house. :D

... for all the things I masterminded, and talked Uncle Monkey into participating in with me.   I'm sure you know he didn't come up with some of those things on his own. {Remember the time he tried to drank a gallon of water? I don't think that was my idea, but I sure did my share of encouraging him to try it.}


Thank you...

... for allowing me to talk as much as I wanted.  I now understand how you could hold a conversation with me, and never remember anything about it later.  Micah doesn't even have a full vocabulary yet, but I'm getting good practice.

... for teaching manners.  Too many people feel entitled to say whatever they want, just because they feel like it.

... for always being our one consistent and making us feel safe, even when our world was turning upside down.

... for being a shining example of what a mother should be.


Love you

No comments: