Monday, October 11, 2010

32 Weeks



How far along?: thirty-two weeks
What's baby up to?: Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.
Weight Gain: I have gained 16 pounds total, as of my last appointment; I lost one pound
Symptoms: baby bump; serious back pain; insomnia; nerve pain; indigestion and heartburn
How big is baby?: about the size of a squash (about 15.2 to 16.7 inches; 2.5 to 3.8 pounds)
Sex: boy!?!
Maternity clothes?: yes
Stretch marks?: nope, and I’m working to avoid them, even though I know there is no way to avoid them if I am meant to have them
Sleep?: not so good anymore; I am having trouble getting comfortable, and still gotta go potty during the night
Best moment this week?: our baby shower
Movement?: yes, and lots of it
Food cravings?: Lately it's been ice-cream and milk and cereal
Labor signs?: braxton-hicks contractions; dilating
Belly button in or out?: out; it pokes out enough that you can see it through my shirt
What I miss: sitting or standing for extended periods without pain; sleeping comfortably and through the night
What I'm looking forward to: cooler weather, shopping for new clothes

No comments: