Thursday, October 21, 2010

Doctor Visit: More Monitoring

I went to the doctor again today.  I had totally planned to go to work this afternoon.  I even had meetings planned.  I should have been back home by mid-morning to rest before I had to go in.  However, my uterus had other plans.  And I ended up in the maternity center being monitored AGAIN!  I have dilated further, and apparently I am having some pretty major contractions that I can't feel.  Good times! (That's sarcasm.)  The good news is that after being monitored for several hours (read: seven!) there was no more dilation despite the contractions.  I thought for a while there that my son would be born on my brother's birthday.

The doctor informed me that they want me to make it until at least 34 weeks, which is next week.  That means that I can have a baby in my arms anytime between next week and November 15. I am still on restrictions, but back to work tomorrow. Oh yeah, and I gained a pound back.

No comments: