Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Unscheduled Doctor's Visit

** Possible TMI alert. **

I made an unexpected trip to the maternity center.  I woke up this morning spotting.  I called in to the doctor's office, and they told me to come in.  When I got there, they did the typical checking, and the doctor checked my cervix, and found that it had opened some.  That was probably the reason for the spotting.  Then I was sent to the maternity center to be monitored.  It turns out that I was having contractions that I was unable to feel, in addition to the ones that I have been calling braxton hicks contractions that I could feel.  I stayed there all day.  They hooked me up to an IV drip.  I got medication to stop the contractions, which I now have to monitor.  I also got medications to mature Micah's lungs in case he decides that he's really too anxious to see the outside world.  And the best part (note the sarcasm), I am on bed rest.  I go back Thursday for the doctor to decide where we go from here.  Hopefully there will be no change to my cervix, and I can continue to work at least on a modified caseload so that I will have some medical leave after he gets here.  Most importantly, I would like him to stay in there and finish developing.

No comments: