Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Celebrating A Year of Micah

Photobucket

For Micah's actual birthday, we spent the day together as a family.  Micah's gift was spending the day with his daddy.   He absolutely loves his daddy, and nothing we could have bought him out of the store would have made him happier. His morning started with Mikey and I singing the happy birthday song to him when we went in to get him out of bed, followed quickly by his morning drink.  
Photobucket

Photobucket
He realized that his daddy was there, and I became non-important.

Photobucket
Enjoying some morning milk.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We spent most of the morning in bed cuddling, playing, talking, and laughing at Micah.  Once we got up, Micah basically spent the entire day with Mikey, ignoring me like it was his job.  Micah got lots of phone calls wishing him a happy birthday.  He also indulged in his latest fun task: scribbling.  
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My little leftie.  Though he did switch the pen back and forth from left to right.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After he decided to taste the blue marker, that activity was ended, and he took a bath.  Shortly thereafter, the birthday boy was down for the count.
Photobucket
This is what he thought of posing with the board.
There were no balloons, no cake, no gifts.  {He'll have cake and gifts later when we celebrate his birthday with family.}  We never left the house.  But we celebrated Micah by doing what Micah loves best, spending time with him.  He was held on command, and we got lots of cuddles and big, belly laughs.  I am sitting here wondering how I could possibly have a one year old.  I know it's cliched, but it seems like yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the first time and wondering what life has in store for him.  I couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that the hospital was going to let me bring him home.  For the longest time, I had trouble imagining what he would look like as a toddler.  And now we are at the toddler stage, and I can't imagine what he'll look like as a preschooler.  I like to think this year has been good to us.  And I'm still wondering what life has in store for my little man. 

No comments: