Friday, November 4, 2011

Somebody Help Me

All of a sudden, Micah is starting to throw tantrums.  He throws them if you take something away from him, or if you move something he is headed for out of his reach, or if you put him down and he still wants to be held, or if you walk out of the room.  The list keeps going.  Needless to say, there are lots of reasons why he throws tantrums.  I know this is typical development.  I know that he is doing this because he knows what he wants, but doesn't have the language to express himself.  I know that this will pass.  And what does a tantrum look like?  He kicks his legs, stiffens his body, and screams.  No tears, just very loud screams.  Drives me crazy.

But then, he's also a sweet little boy.  He gives me kisses when I ask for them.  He helps me to dress him.  He knows how to push his arms through.  He still isn't interested in helping with putting on his pants.  He gives me great, big smiles.  I usually think he's laughing at me, not with me.  I really can't complain about my boy.  He's growing into a toddler.  I just wish tantrums didn't come with the process.

*****

And in other news, we decided to do an impromptu photo shoot in the back yard.  I really wish I had a tripod and remote for my camera, but here's the best I could do with what I have (which is just the camera).  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This one is, I think, my favorite.

No comments: