Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hanging Out

Yesterday, Micah and I spent some time at my aunt's house.  She has an in-home daycare, and Micah enjoyed playing with the other children.  It was really like a mini- family reunion, though, since all of the children there were cousins with the exception of one child.  All that to say, Micah came home tired.  He was seriously worn completely out.  Here's how we found him long before he typically falls asleep.  We may be visiting more often. 

Photobucket

And, wonder of all wonders, Micah slept through the night.  He cried out a couple times, but he soothed himself before I made it in to his room to see what was wrong.  Today, we hung out with Camille and her mommy.  First we got dressed, and Micah attempted to cut his own nails.  

Photobucket
He likes to imitate us, and I had taken his clippers out to trim his nails.

Then we went riding.  I know I said that Micah would remain rear-facing until he outgrew the weight and/or height limits of his carseat.  There was just not enough room for Meka to safely drive with Micah rear-facing.  So he got a taste of forward-facing.  He didn't seem too impressed. 

Photobucket
You mean I get to see where I'm going?
Photobucket

Camille, on the other hand, was pretty excited.  Then they both did this...

Photobucket
Photobucket
I have no idea how she managed to tangle the straps of her carseat around herself like that.

We ended up at Chili's for lunch, but of course I didn't take any pictures.  Back at home, Micah toddled around pantless, and refused to take a real nap.  He went to bed early again.  Hopefully, today leads to another full night of sleep for him.

Photobucket
He chewed on a rib bone until it was clean.
Photobucket
His shirt says "Cool As Ice."  His Uncle Monkey should like that.

All in all, today was a good day.  We enjoyed hanging out.

No comments: