Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Our Weekend

I know that I said on Saturday that I would post soon about hanging out with my friends.  I guess I took lazy to the extreme.  I really don't have an excuse, though I haven't been feeling my best, and Micah has been cranky with teething.  Anyway here I am, finally, several days later with a post.  I'm finally ready to post about Honda's Battle of the Bands.  Of course, I was so focused on the bands that I managed to not take pictures of the people that I was with, except Micah, of course.  Micah had a blast.  We all did.  Micah was clapping, dancing, and singing.  My best friend said she thinks he's going to be a drum major.  He really has decided that he likes music lately.  Here are the pictures in a slideshow, because there are absolutely too many to post one at a time.


It's in reverse order for some odd reason, and I'm too lazy to figure out why or how to fix it.  At the end of the whole thing, all of the bands played on the field together.

Sorry for the shaky camera.  It's heavy, and Micah was going back and forth between Mikey and I.

Sunday, we went to church, and then spent the rest of the day at home.  My best friend came over and we sat around talking for a few hours.  Yesterday was spent with a cranky little boy.  Today was even worse.  It's almost 7:30pm, and he's in the bed.  Hopefully for the rest of the night.  Hopefully, he gets over whatever is going on with him, and tomorrow is a better day for both of us.  I don't really know what's wrong.  He's crying for no reason. I feel like I'm back in the newborn stage where I was figuring out what his cries meant.  I've tried feeding him, changing his diaper, putting him down for a nap, singing to him, and playing with him.  He's not happy with anything.  I don't know if it's the teething, if he's getting sick, or if he's just sick of being around me all day, everyday.  He wasn't even happy with Mikey tonight.  This mommy is in need of a break.  But I love him to pieces.

And because I don't want to end this blog post whining about my cranky toddler, here's another video for you.  It features Micah eating applesauce.  Nowadays when he's eating applesauce, he'll spoon it into his mouth for the first few bites, then he picks up the bowl and drinks it down.  Enjoy.  Micah sure did.

No comments: