Sunday, September 30, 2012

Where'd You Go?

I do not understand how tomorrow could be October 1.  Where did the year go?  More importantly, why is my maternity leave passing so quickly?  I don't think I'm ready for this.  The funny thing is that, I'm almost ready to go to back to work.  I miss my coworkers {some of them}, and having adult conversations.  I do not, however, miss the commute, the early wake up time, or being away from my babies for more hours than I'm with them.  Those parts suck.


The time has passed much too quickly.  I will miss sleeping in.  I will miss cuddles with my Little Miss.  I will miss spending time with Micah Man.  I blogged about going back to work at the end of my maternity leave with Micah here. I have pretty much the same feelings, except my babies will be going to my aunt's house, instead of Granny's.  And there she'll spoil them and love on them the same way I would.  And again, I'll have to wait until after office hours for my turn.  The thought makes me sad.

On a brighter note, October brings the start of the holiday season.  I'll dress my babies up for Halloween, even if we have no intentions of trick-or-treating.  The plan is the same as last year.  We'll be at home passing out candy.  Next is Micah's birthday bash, which we are in the process of planning right now.  I'm pretty excited about the whole shebang, even if Micah doesn't really understand. Then we will wait anxiously for Thanksgiving, when we'll eat way too much food and spend an awesome time with our family.  Finally, Christmas will be here.  Once again, we'll eat entirely too much food, and enjoy family and friends.  We'll also celebrate the birth of Christ our Savior, and give each other gifts.  I can't wait!  So while, I'm not looking forward to going back to work, I am looking forward to the holidays.  And going back to work means I'll be able to afford to celebrate all those holidays that I'm so looking forward to.

No comments: