Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to the Grinding Stone

Today marked my return to work.  Fortunately for me, the students don't return until tomorrow.  Also fortunate for me, my office was able to find a contract worker to complete some of the work on my to do list.  Returning, I have a manageable caseload to work with, instead of the craziness that I had anticipated returning to find.  That makes returning a little easier.  Now I just have to adjust to not being with my little man during the day.  Oh, and waking up to be at work on time.  That is an adjustment that I just don't want to have to make.  A good portion of the day, all I wanted to do was take a nap.  Overall, though, today was not as bad as I thought it would be.  It helped that Mikey brought Micah to visit me at the office during my lunch break.


 It didn't hurt that these were waiting for me when I got home.  The only problem appears to be the UPS guy.  During my maternity leave a package was delivered to the house.  The guy puts the package on the porch, and turns and walks away.  I watched him out the window.  There was no knock on the door.  He didn't ring the doorbell.  He didn't even blow his horn.  And the bad part about it was that my vehicle was parked in such a way that he had to walk around it to get to the porch.  He had to know that some one was at home.  Today, it looks like he just took the packages and tossed them up on the porch.  It was like it was an inconvenience for him to climb the three stairs.  Somebody needs to report him.  And here is what is in the packages.


A set of BabyLegs and three sets of My Little Legs.  They look like they are too big for Micah right now, but at the rate he's growing, he'll be able to fill them out in no time.

***

In other news...  I have decided that I am going to learn to sew.  Add that to my to do list for 2011.  I love crafts.  I wish I was more crafty.  However, I am not.  The reason for this, mostly is that I have never taken the time to sit down and learn a craft.  I fear that I will invest in the materials, and then find that I am really not interested, and thus have wasted my money.  So I just dream of all the crafty things that I would like to do, and never actually do any of these things.  I considered scrapbooking, but I am almost certain that I wouldn't have the patience to a good job.  Not to mention that I mostly enjoy digital work, so I would have all kinds of ideas, and they would more than likely never make there way into existence.  I also considered crocheting or knitting.  That idea was scrapped because I only know one person who is able to crochet, and she doesn't live anywhere near me.  I would need to be close to someone who could sit and show me (very patiently) what I should be doing and what I have done wrong.  That left me with sewing as a consideration.  I have some knowledge of sewing.  Both my grandmothers can sew, and my great-grandmother was a seamstress.  Growing up I watched them sew, and even did some very simple sewing myself.  However, I never took the time to learn to sew anything with any real detail.  So my goal now is to learn to sew. 

No comments: