Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Church


I can't believe I forgot to blog about our first visit to church as a family.  Please excuse the fact that Micah is staring off into space, and my hair is doing it's own thing.  And why does my smile look like it's   taking up all of my face?   Anyway...

Church is such an integral part of our lives.  Growing up, I was in church just about every Sunday.  I enjoyed church.  I knew that I would get to see my friends.  I also knew that my grandfather would have lots of quarters in his pocket, so that all his grandchildren, and a few other kids too, could buy something from the snack machine.  But the thing that stands out to me the most is the feeling that I would get when I entered the sanctuary.  I always knew that the spirit of the Lord was in that place.  It's a feeling that I am afraid is not in every church.  I missed my church when I moved out of state for graduate school. I still enjoy the fellowship that I find at church.  I also still know that some Sundays my grandfather has a pocket full of quarters.   I hope that Micah has the same type of experience with church that I did growing up.  We all need the peace that comes with knowing that we are loved unconditionally, despite our flaws.  That's something that I always found in church.

No comments: