Monday, October 22, 2012

Back to Reality

My first day back to work was eventful, to say the least.  First, we had traveled to South Carolina this past Wednesday.  We returned home much later than planned.  Corrin, then decided that she wasn't sleeping once we were home.  She had slept the entire drive.  She screamed and cried.  Mikey and I tried everything we knew to do to get her to sleep.  We rocked her.  She cried. We bounced her.  She cried. We fed her.  She ate, then cried.  Finally, at roughly 3:30 AM, she fell asleep.  She was awake again at 6:00 AM to eat.  By 6:30 AM, she was asleep again, and I was preparing for work.

I was exhausted ALL day at work.  I felt like I had a nose bleed a few times, because I was so tired.  Thankfully, my supervisor decided to take it easy on me, and allowed me the day to acclimate myself to work again.  I really forgot a lot of what I knew.  I had a hard time remembering passwords.  The procedure had changed on a few processes.  It just was difficult to get into a groove.  I also was transferred to a different team.  That meant my work station moved.  I had to set up my computer, arrange my things, and finish moving some files from my previous work station. I also requested to have my new printer connected to my computer.  

I am also pumping at work.  Conveniently enough, a recent renovation has added a small office near my work station that does not have a window.  The majority of the offices are very open with windows that allow light in, and anyone who wants to look.  I managed to forget my cooler and ice pack at home.  I also have to figure out a schedule to pump and manage my work load.  The schedule that I have works for now, but I'm sure it will change.  

I missed my babies all day too.  I hate the idea that I will miss a lot of firsts for Corrin, because I will be at work or commuting. 

No comments: