Friday, October 26, 2012

Scratchin' and Survivin'

My infant is a mini foreign spy.  At the very least, she is an expert in torture tactics.  Sleep deprivation is her specialty, and method of choice.  I have been attempting to function everyday this week on minimal sleep.  She went to sleep easily, and slept well Monday night.  Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, she stayed up way pass a reasonable bed time.  Last night she went to sleep easily, but was up at 4:30 AM to have her nose suctioned, get a diaper change, and eat.  She's breaking me down.  My only saving grace, is that I know that eventually, this phase will pass, and I will wish for the times when she was small, stationary, and snugly.

I have been working on figuring out a routine for myself, now that I am back to work.  It's interesting getting up and ready in the morning.  I have to feed Corrin early enough to have enough time to shower, dress, and get out the door on time.  There's also the commute to work. I have realized that I really, really dislike the commute.  I leave so much earlier, and get home so much later than I would like.  Roughly twelve hours of my day is spent away from my babies because of my commute and work day.  I really do not like my commute.  

I missed my babies every day, but somehow I managed to make it a full week without crying.

No comments: