Thursday, October 25, 2012

Regrets

“For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'.”  ~ John Greenleaf Whittier


Mikey and I were having a conversation recently, and somehow the subject of regrets came up.  We both acknowledged that we have no regrets regarding where we have found ourselves in life thus far. My plan was always to marry, buy a house, and become a mother.  Thankfully, I have managed (with Mikey) to achieve those things.

My life has not gone as planned.  I doubt anyone has the life that they planned in the way that that expected.  There are a few things that I wish I had done differently.  There are some things that I wouldn't change.  Things that at the time seemed to be tragic, I can now see were leading me to the point I'm at today.

I have no idea what the future holds for me.  Right now, the plan is to raise my children, grow old with my husband, and live happily ever after.

No comments: